Saturday, February 6, 2010

Inside and Out

On the post from Sept. 18, I mentioned about how they can't take down the outside wall of a building when they are remodeling or renovating. The law says that they have to keep the original face (well, it can be restored but not changed) so that they keep the traditional look of the city.

In this picture you can see how they do it, propping up the outside wall while tearing out all the insides of the building. You can't tell by the picture but there is noting on the inside of that building. We will have to go back sometime and see how the work is progressing.

Sometimes I feel like that - that God is propping me up on the outside (or I would be flat on my face on the sidewalk) while He is working on the inside of me. This winter has been difficult with a lot of sickness and a lot of long dark, wet days.  Just this last week or so,  I'm beginning to feel a little stronger with a lifting of my spirit and a lightening of a load. Psalm 94:18 says, "When I said, 'My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me."


I think the next time I see one of these scaffolds holding up a building, I will be thinking of God's support.

No comments: