Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anxiety Check

Tick, tick, tick... There is a little clock I keep hearing in my head as each day passes - I don't seem to be much further along in the packing process and knowing what to do with everything this week than last. This morning the Lord brought back to my mind some things He has shown me before about worry. In Linda Dillow's book, Calm My Anxious Heart, she states,

"Anxiety is that which divides and distracts the soul, that which diverts us from
present duty to weary calculations of how to meet conditions that may never arrive.
It's the habit of crossing bridges before we reach them."

Later she sums up some of the steps we can take in the process of becoming a person who chooses to trust instead of worry. I think that I will try to practice these steps today...

1) Acknowledge that anxiety is SIN and confess it as such to God.
2) Yield to God's sovereignty. Thank Him that He is the Blessed Controller of your problems.
3) Choose to cast your anxiety on God. (1 Peter 5:7)
4) Choose to trust God with your tomorrows and live for today.

No comments: