Monday, June 22, 2009

So many things to do...

It is 9:30 pm and Don has gone to Walmart one more time for cough medicine for me (he has sweetly  gone several days in a row for me). We have come back from orientation with only a few weeks before hopefully closing on our house sale and then getting on that plane to Lisbon. I also came home with whatever bug was going around and just can't seem to get to feeling better.

Today was a day of a lot of phone calls and a lot of decisions that needed to be made but had to be put off because we don't know all the details yet. The appraiser came and looked the house over and said that it would take longer to get this appraisal to the bank because of the type of loan the buyers are getting. Our daughter, Danielle, wants to fly home and help us and spend some time with us and we aren't sure which days to book for her, while the prices for flights increase almost daily. 

I've never been very good at sorting or making decisions - packing for a trip was always one of my biggest challenges and now with the biggest challenge facing me of dissembling a home of 20 + years, I often feel overwhelmed and that I just won't get through it all. (Being sick on top of that feeling doesn't help much.) I'm reminded of the song we sang one day with our small group with the children, "My God is So Big, So Strong and So Mighty, There's Nothing My God Can Not Do".  Maybe I've been thinking too much about me today.

No comments: